Conference Parking Permit

David Kaufman dvklinguist2003 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 25 03:27:09 UTC 2007

This certainly does sound very KU!

  Dave

Jimm GoodTracks <goodtracks at peoplepc.com> wrote:
          For those who will have vehicles at the Conference,

  I called the KU Dept Linguistics, in as much as 2 days before the first session, my parking permit has not arrived.  They gave me some nebulous logic as to why they did not issue them via mail in lieu of picking them up when we register on the 5th floor of the Student Union.

  So then, I said, that would entail us parking in the stacked parking area to the north of the Student Union, putting in money to their collection box en route to the trek to the  5th floor, signing in, and returning outside to the parking area to place the permit on the vehicle.

  That was affirmed and, It was warmly explained to me that the Campus PD are not likely to be out "earlier" to ticket vehicles that have not paid their parking tribute.  I shared that it seemed a lot of unnecessary trotting up and down and around for this process.  ["earlier"  was left undefined].

  This was followed by some inane explanation for the process being as it is.
  So there you have it.  Park and Pay or Park and race to the 5th floor for registration, permit and beat it back before the KU ticket person find your parking spot is unpaid for a a KU fine.

http://mail.yahoo.com