Embedded questions?

Rory M Larson rlarson at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Sep 25 23:54:27 UTC 2007

I'm going to follow up Bryan's inquiry with one of my own:
Has anybody done anything with embedded questions in OP, or
Siouan generally?  I'm thinking of things in the nature of:
"I don't know who it is", where the question is elevated to
an item of information that is then fed to an information
handling verb like 'know', 'think', 'tell', 'say', 'ask',
and so forth.

We've been exploring this with our speakers recently.  I
don't know if what we're getting is new, or old stuff that
I just never paid attention to before.

Cheers,
Rory