Siouan sessions at MALC.

Rankin, Robert L rankin at ku.edu
Wed Sep 26 21:36:46 UTC 2007

The MALC program just became available at:
http://www.linguistics.ku.edu/malc/MALC2007program.pdf

It looks as though there are 8 Siouan papers spread between 2 sessions.  That's not as many as I'd hoped for, but I can't complain, since I didn't send an abstract myself (I've been very lazy this Summer).

The motel that the conference flyer suggests is a very nice one overlooking the Kansas River and right downtown with adjacent restaurants and bars.  But perhaps it's a little pricy for some.  (Or maybe I'm just living in the past.)  Maybe people can decide here on the list whether they'd all like to try to stay at the same place.  It would facilitate socializing in the evenings.

I only just now acquired the program, so I haven't planned any social events at all yet.

One more thing.  If any of you submitted an abstract that was turned down for any reason, please let me know off-list.  I think they probably accepted them all, but I want to make it maximally unpleasant for some people if they didn't.   :-)    I had no part in the conference planning or the reading of abstracts, but I want to make certain everything remains on the up-and-up.  Also, we (read: "you") should be thinking about where you would like to have the conference next year.  We'll need to decide on that soon.

For those of you not driving or renting a car, I'll try to help out with transportation during the conference.

Best to all,