Indian Country Today

Jill Greer Greer-J at MSSU.EDU
Tue Feb 12 21:25:16 UTC 2008

Hi, Louanna!
Will do for sure.  If I get it scanned, I'll send it along... I wondered exactly where you guys were right now.  Better than the ice storms of SW Missouri I hope!

A belated thanks for the Christmas card and letter-  and Congratulations for the Lifetime Achievement Award!!!!  I wanted to visit the webpages, but haven't remembered to bring the letter to the office (no internet at home right now...  the price for living in the backwoods)

Life is good -  just a few too many funerals of late.  My mom's side is losing elders, and I realize I am middle-aged whether I like it or not!

I saw your & Dave Schaul's and Bob's, and Debbie Pearsall's names in print recently (from book flyers to citations in Brian Fagan's Prehistory of the Earth text book) and it was so much fun to actually know the person referenced...!

How is Debbie doing, by the way?

Better get back to work -  we have tons of assessment junk going on before the Higher Learning Commission (??) comes for accreditation in April.  Plus, lots of changes -  The President of  30 years retired in Sept (not by choice :), and they just hired the new one, and two VPs are leaving, so the Dean of A&S is stepping up to VP, and our department head is temporarily assistant dean to help out!!  (This after he was trying to step down as department head in the fall, poor guy!)

Hey, by the way, are you still the few, the proud Mac users?  I have an ulterior motive for asking -  I need to get IPA fonts for my PC at work, something I had managed to avoid so far...  My social science colleagues are pretty much "WHat is IPA anyway?"

It's so good to hear from you.  Give hugs to Bob, and let him return the favor (Valentine's Day is coming up after all!).

love,
Jill

>>> "Furbee, Louanna" <FurbeeL at missouri.edu> 2/12/2008 2:49 pm >>>
Hi Jill,
I don't ever see this journal.  I'm in Chiapas at present, so that makes it harder.  So, if you have the article, save it!
How's life and time?  We're busy busy with having just arrived here and trying to set up house in Comitan (as well as keep the apartment in San Cristobal).