WINN (HOCK) ROOTS

Jimm GoodTracks goodtracks at peoplepc.com
Mon Jan 7 12:01:49 UTC 2008

In Ken Miner's 1984 Winnebago Field Lexicon (June, 1984), he listed 6 pages of verb roots.  Most roots are similar with Ioway, Otoe and of course, other Siouan languages.
Is there a simple formula, perhaps, to convert the roots to fit their Ioway, Otoe counterparts/ cognates??  Often in trying to find an IO root equivalent among the WINN roots, I run into discrepancies and other problems.
Although my inquiry may be naive, perhaps, Jonathan, or whosoever can respond.
Jimm