WINN (HOCK) ROOTS

Rankin, Robert L rankin at ku.edu
Mon Jan 7 22:05:21 UTC 2008

Jimm,

If the root ends in the syllable -ke, replace it with -ka instead.
If the root ends in a consonant, add an -e at the end.
Replace the following syllables:

Change kara to gra
               kere to gre
               kiri  to gri
               koro to gro
               kuru to gru
               para to bra
               pere to bre
               piri  to bri
               poro to bro
               puru to bru

               sara to sra (same with other identical vowels)
               shara to shra       "       "       "               "           "
               xara to xra           "

Generally speaking, move the accent back one syllable to the left.

This should get you pretty close to I/O/M.  There are a few other things.

And, oh yes, the three nasal vowels belong in the above sets of CVCV syllables where the two vowels are identical too.

Bob