"phute'okicu" and other new animals

Clive Bloomfield cbloom at ozemail.com.au
Sat Jan 26 03:01:42 UTC 2008

Apologies to any Greek scholars here for that unaspirated masculine
sing. definite article & for those other two initial vowels which
ought to have been aspirated :
The diacritics on my Polytonic Greek font are not only vanishingly
microscopic, and thus difficult to distinguish, (even when
magnified), but the Greek 'spiritus asper' ( 'he daseia prosoidia')
or so called "rough breathing" appears to have been completely
omitted by the makers. Nevertheless, I have indicated the aspirates
in my transliterations.

Just for the record.

Clive.