"Watakpeya Tanka" (page 7)

Clive Bloomfield cbloom at ozemail.com.au
Sun Jan 20 22:27:07 UTC 2008

Dear Bruce, To have drawn a response from a scholar of your stature,
I regard as a signal honour.
Thank you so much for this, and for all you have done for the
furtherance of Lakotanist knowledge.
I simply could not do without your contributions, and am especially
grateful for your English-Lakota dictionary.
Lila chiyuonihaN,
Clive Bloomfield.

P.S. The illustrated 1922 German-language 55-page abridgement of the
multivolume Schurhammer biography, of which Wildenhues apparently
produced an English version, was entitled

: "Franziskus Xavierus : Ein Leben in Bildern" von G. Schurhammer
S.J. und Historienmaler R.E.Kepler. Kunstausgabe mit Kommentar.
Xavierus=Verlag/Aachen, und Verlag des

Missionhauses Immensee (Schweiz). The 1925 Afraid-Of-Hawk Lakota tr.
of Wildenhues, containing abt. 60 pages, used Kepler's illustrations.