Sad news

Clive Bloomfield cbloom at ozemail.com.au
Sat Jun 7 23:08:08 UTC 2008

Dear List members,

I did not have the privilege of knowing Carolyn personally, but her
scholarship commands the utmost respect.

To pass on at the young age of 62 years, is to leave this life far
too early, at the height of one's mature powers.

My ancestors would have said in their Irish language :

Go raibh sí ar dheis Dé choíchin, agus ceol na n-aingeal ina dhá cluais!

May she be seated at the right hand of God forever, and with the
music of the angels in her ears!

May I extend my sincere condolences, first to Carolyn's family, and
then to all Siouan List members, who have clearly lost a treasured
colleague.

Ave atque vale, Carolina,

from Clive Bloomfield.