Multiple emails

David Kaufman dvklinguist2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 9 16:03:06 UTC 2008

Hi all,

  Let me say that I did not have the pleasure of knowing Carolyn, but I wish I had seeing all of the messages from other Siouanists about her.  I do have a copy of her Osage Grammar, which I find to be a stellar academic work.

  I did have the pleasure of knowing Blair, but unfortunately all too briefly.  My PhD work will focus on an Algonquian language, Mohegan, and Blair had already been very helpful in giving me background on the languages.  I miss his support and helpful advice.

  I hope that for the sake of Siouan and linguistic scholarship, their works in progress (Osage, Catawba, Virginian Algonquian) will be passed on to someone who can get them published in their memory.

  Dave

"Rankin, Robert L" <rankin at ku.edu> wrote:
  Shannon is right on the money. The automated messages will continue until John Koontz reads his email -- which he has not been doing. Messages to his workplace bounce. Someone in Boulder will probably need to phone him. And he should remove Blair from the list at the same time. Until then, just ignore the messages. Gordon (Carolyn's friend) and Blair's relative are just trying to be helpful.

Bob