Carolyn Quintero

REGINA PUSTET pustetrm at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 7 09:56:20 UTC 2008

What a tragedy. I still can't believe it. Although I've met Carolyn at Siouan&Caddoan conferences only, there was quite some exchange of ideas between us. Her devotion to the Osage language project was admirable, and so is her scientific output. She will be missed, both as a scholar and as the fun person and great colleague she was.
  Regina

Justin McBride <jmcbride at kawnation.com> wrote:          I am very sorry to report that our dear friend and colleague Carolyn Quintero passed away this week.  I know none of the details.  I have only seen her obituary in the Tulsa World:

  http://www.tulsaworld.com/transitions/deathnotices.aspx
  Hominy — Carolyn Platter Quintero, 62, died Wednesday in Santa Monica, Calif. Services pending. Powell.

  I called Powell Funeral Home in Hominy, OK, to find out when services would be held, but they said the family has yet to make plans.  I will keep checking, though, and post more when I can.  If you would like to call Powell, you can reach them at (918) 885-2128.

  My prayers go out to her family and all those whose lives she touched.

  Justin McBride
Language Director
Kaw Nation
Drawer 50