Siouan Conference 2009 and 2010 and comparative grammar project

Catherine Rudin carudin1 at wsc.edu
Tue Jun 24 15:12:00 UTC 2008

Minutes of the Business Meeting, Siouan Conference 2008 Joplin

(1)  Plans for next year's conference:
Place:  Lincoln, Nebraska (University of Nebraska)
Dates:  June 11-14, 2009
Host/Organizer:  Mark Awakuni-Swetland
Tentative Schedule:
June 11-12 (Thurs/Fri) Comparative Grammar Workshop II, organized by Johannes Helmbrecht
and John Boyle.
June 13-14 (Sat/Sun) Siouan Conference proper.  A portion of the meeting (probably
Saturday afternoon) will be devoted to a special session on native language teaching and
learning.

(2) Plans for 2010 conference
Place:  Chicago (Northeastern Illinois University)
Dates:  ?? Probably in June again.
Host/Organizer:  John Boyle

(3) It was suggested that the Comparative Siouan Grammar volumes should be dedicated to
the memory of Carolyn Quintero and Blair Rudes.

That's all I've got.  Any additions or corrections?

Thanks again to Jill Greer for a valuable and enjoyable meeting!  Good to see everybody.
 I'll post a little summary of the dictionary sessions shortly.

Catherine Rudin