SACC2009 dictionary roundtable

Jan Ullrich jfu at centrum.cz
Tue May 13 08:44:28 UTC 2008

Bob,

I am happy you like the sample pages and hope that you will find the entire
dictionary useful.

> Will it be available on CD so that it can be searched

> by machine, or is it to be printed only?

The dictionary is currently available only in printed form.

An electronic version is going to be our next project. We are planning to
record all of the headwords and perhaps all example sentences, and include
the audio on the CD. We already have several native speakers interested in
working on this project.

For the electronic version, however, we have to solve many issues of parsing
Lakota, because we would like to enable the users to search for any form of
a word, not just for its lemma. Creating such parser will be the more
difficult part of the project. But not less exciting.

Jan