Comparative Siouan Grammar workshop

Bryan James Gordon linguista at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 16:22:01 UTC 2008

Johannes,

I could at very least contribute on topic- and focus-marking strategies in
Omaha-Ponca and Jiwere. If other people want to share with me their
impressions of how it works in their languages, all the better.

It's too bad there are no phonologists among us. I'm looking at stress and
vowel length in OP right now, but nothing comparative in scope. But of
course phonological shifts are already well-represented in the historical
side of things: perhaps there should be a chapter covering historical sound
shifts?

Bryan James Gordon, MA
Joint PhD Program in Linguistics and Anthropology
University of Arizona