Fwd: Lakhota language table: please forward to those you think might be interested

Bryan James Gordon linguista at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 00:35:06 UTC 2009

FYI in case I'm not the only person on the list in Tucson ...

Han mitakuyepi,

If you are getting this email, someone thought you (or someone you know)
might
be interested in participating in a 'Lakhota table' next semester (basically
hanging out and learning/speaking Lakhotiyapi).  I will be there for one
hour
once a week, and any of you are welcome to come when and for as long as you
are
able to stay (I know we are all busy!).

Please forward this to anyone you think might be interested!

I am learning, so unless you are (or invite) a fluent speaker it will be a
bunch
of learners helping each other learn - which can still be really helpful and
fun.  I will bring the New Lakhota Dictionary each time, which I have found
be an exceptionally valuable resource.

In order to decide the best time, I have set up a 'doodle.'  If you would
like
to come to the Lakhota table (at least once in a while), please participate
in
the doodle by following the link and clicking on times that would be 'ok'
for
you.

http://www.doodle.com/t4e576i9t3gddf72

Please leave suggestions for meeting places (I am thinking coffee shop) in
the
"comments" section of the doodle, or email me at jfnelson at email.arizona.edu

Also, if you think you might participate and want to know when it will be,
please let me know so I can add you to a group email list.  Of course I can
also take you off if you would like in the future.

The Lakota Language Forum is also a great resource if you are interested:

http://lakotadictionary.org/phpBB3/index.php?sid=88d791a9b77e2e68deda57323184a4b9

Toksha akhe!

Jessica