"Studies on Comparative Siouan Linguistics"

Rankin, Robert L rankin at ku.edu
Fri Dec 25 16:49:39 UTC 2009

I hope all of you are having a good holiday.  Here in Kansas we have blizzard conditions and a very White Christmas.

The project to analyze and compare all of the post-verbal affixes and enclitics proved to be more than a one-conference project, as those of you who were at Lincoln no doubt observed.  For that reason, I will be working toward completing this work for this Summer's meeting in Chicago.  There is still much to be done just on this paper alone.

And a note for Johannes:  The "all kinds of obligations" do not end when one retires.  I foolishly thought it would be a period of relaxation and freedom from everything we do as professors.  Ha!  Not so.  I keep telling my wife that THIS year I'm going to retire again.  It probably won't happen. . . .

All the best to everyone in the New Year.

Prosit Neu Jahr!

Bob