Reduplicated Active verbs

Rankin, Robert L rankin at ku.edu
Mon Jul 6 21:37:25 UTC 2009

Emily,

Welcome back!  Stoney is very important because there is so little in print on it.  I assume you probably have Linda Cumberland's excellent dissertation on Assiniboine.

I'll look at my Kansa and Quapaw data to see if I have any of what you're looking for.  I don't recall any instances off hand, but the Dhegiha languages don't make as much use of reduplication as Dakotan.

Best of luck with your work.

Bob Rankin