2009 SACC inquiry

Catherine Rudin CaRudin1 at wsc.edu
Fri Mar 6 19:49:04 UTC 2009

Thanks to Johannes for the list of Comparative Syntax Fest topics.
It looks exciting!!

I'm listed as presenting on "Coordination (AND,OR,BUT).
And I do intend to write on this topic.
But I must admit I haven't started yet and lack any knowledge of the topic in most of
the Siouan languages.
Or, to put it bluntly - Help!

Anyone who has any material on coordination in any Siouan language, I'd be very
grateful if you would share your expertise with me!  Anything you have will be helpful.
Raw data, papers you've written, reference to other sources, notes and suggestions,
anything at all.

I do have a fair amount of material on Omaha-Ponca (but could always use more!)  I also
have various published grammars (Graczyk's Crow, Quintero's Osage, etc.) and
dissertations (Eschenberg, Boyle, West, etc.) and stacks of old conference handouts, but
haven't had time to comb through any of this -- would appreciate pointers to things I
might miss in well-known works as well as new facts or analyses.

Catherine