SACC 2009 CALL FOR PAPERS-PLEASE POST AND CIRCULATE

Mark J Awakuni-Swetland mawakuni-swetland2 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Mon Mar 9 17:51:33 UTC 2009

Greetings All!
Please forward and circulate the attached CALL FOR PAPERS for the 2009
conference and Comparative Siouan Grammar workshop.

Please forward to me any and all suggested placed I should include in this
call. Graduate programs? Academic institutions? Native Language programs?
Other individuals?

WibthahoN
WagoNze Uthixide

Mark Awakuni-Swetland
Assistant Professor of Anthropology
and Ethnic Studies (Native American Studies)
University of Nebraska
Lincoln, NE 68588-0368

http://omahalanguage.unl.edu
Phone 402-472-3455
FAX: 402-472-9642

"Ttenixa uxpathe egoN" a biama, winisi akHa.

CALL FOR PAPERS
Siouan and Caddoan Languages Conference
June 11-14, 2009
Lincoln, Nebraska
Hosted by the University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Department of Anthropology

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

Papers and presentations are invited on topics from any Siouan or Caddoan
language. This includes all areas of linguistics (e.g., phonetics,
phonology, syntax, grammar, semantics), cultural linguistics (e.g.,
code-switching, language & identity, language revitalization, language
ideology, language shift), and language instruction (e.g., teaching
methods, immersion activities, assessment & outcomes, community outreach).

Student papers are welcome.

We are a congenial group of linguists, scholars, students, community
members, and native language instructors. We schedule a single session at
a time so everyone is able to attend all presentations and join in the
discussions.

General paper sessions will follow the traditional 20 minute presentation
followed by a short question/answer period. At the end of each session
there will be additional time for questions and discussion. Appropriate
technology support is available.

Send a working abstract of your paper or presentation BY FRIDAY MAY 1st,
2009 to the local conference organizer:
Mark Awakuni-Swetland
Anthropology/Ethnic Studies
mawakuni-swetland2 at unl.edu
402-472-3455 Office Phone
402-472-9642 Office FAX

There is a nominal conference REGISTRATION FEE to help defray costs such
as the refreshments between sessions. There is a discounted group
registration fee available. See the attached REGISTRATION forms.

June 11th & 12th  will be dedicated to papers supporting the compilation
of a volume on COMPARATIVE SIOUAN GRAMMAR. For more information on these
two days, and instructions on how to submit CSG papers, contact the CSG
organizers:

Johannes Helmbrecht
johannes.helmbrecht at sprachlit.uni-regenburg.de

John Boyle
jp-boyle at neiu.edu

June 13th and 14th are dedicated to general paper sessions. The June 13th
afternoon session will focus on native language instruction topics with a
special invitation to all Siouan and Caddoan native language instruction
programs to share their efforts in their respective communities and
education institutions.

All conference activities will be held in the Department of Anthropology
housed in Oldfather Hall on the UNL city campus.

See the attached LODGING/TRAVEL and REGISTRATION information sheet.