Comparative Siouan Grammar Workshop: Program update

Catherine Rudin carudin1 at wsc.edu
Thu May 28 15:58:43 UTC 2009

Johannes -- is this still more or less what the program will look like?
(I know Bruce won't be there).
Is there a time limit on our talks?  With 8 topics and 2 days, I'm assuming time will be
fairly generous, and somewhat flexible, but it would still be useful to have some idea
what to aim for.
Thanks,  Catherine

>>> "Prof. Dr. Johannes Helmbrecht" <johannes.helmbrecht at sprachlit.uni-regensburg.de>
03/10/09 4:02 AM >>>
CSG Program Thursday and Friday (June, 11-12)

Bruce Ingham
"Circumstantial stems" Determiners and positionals

Bob Rankin
Instrumentals

Johannes Helmbrecht
Causative constructions

Bob Rankin
Pre-verbal and post-verbal morphology (template of
prefixes/suffixes/enclitics)

John Boyle
Indefinite absolutive *waa-

Iren Hartmann
Modality

Randy Graczyk
Switch reference and clause chaining

Catherine Rudin
Coordination (AND, BUT, OR)

Bryan James Gordon
Topic and Focus markers

All
Roundtable: Publication perspectives for a CSG, ambitious goals,
more moderate goals, a realistic time frame etc.