2011 Siouan Languages Conference

Catherine Rudin CaRudin1 at wsc.edu
Wed Sep 9 16:33:31 UTC 2009

Yes, recent conferences have had at least a  couple of full days (some of which
overlapped with Comparative Siouan Grammar and/or other special sessions).

Jimm wrote:
>I have not heard if that will be the format for the 2010 SCLC, however, am I hearing
that the purpose of these extra days, namely, the
>comparative Siouan Grammar study, is due for a final completion and printout of work
results?  Is that correct?

Well ... we did say we would try to have volume I done in 2010, but the Comparative
Siouan Grammar project will surely not be completed then (or maybe ever) -- there's
definitely going to be plenty left to say about the grammar of Siouan languages for many
years to come.  Whether we want to keep having a workshop every year is an open
question.  I guess it's also a question whether the workshop (if we do continue it)
should always be associated with the Siouan and Caddoan conference -- that's convenient
for a lot of us, but could be a burden on the local organizer to be responsible for
finding space etc. for an extra day or two of sessions.

What do you all think?
How to organize the 2011 meeting is really up to Jimm -- whoever volunteers to host
gets to make those decisions.

Catherine

>>> Mark J Awakuni-Swetland <mawakuni-swetland2 at unlnotes.unl.edu> 9/9/2009 9:59 AM >>>
Aloha all,

It is good to hear that Jimm is going after  the 2011 SACC meeting.

Do I recall correctly that recent conferences had two full days of session
(Friday-Saturday) and a Sunday morning session?

The 2009 Lincoln meeting was expanded one day (Thursday) to accommodate
the CSG sessions.

Regards,

Mark Awakuni-Swetland