JOD cognate abbreviations inquiry

Rory M Larson rlarson at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Feb 2 21:53:23 UTC 2010

Would the H. be Hochunk?  I realize that would conflict with your
observation of W. for Winnebago.

Rory

Mark J Awakuni-Swetland <mawakuni-swetland2 at unlnotes.unl.edu>
Sent by: owner-siouan at lists.Colorado.EDU
02/02/2010 03:44 PM
Please respond to
siouan at lists.Colorado.EDU

siouan at lists.Colorado.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: JOD cognate abbreviations inquiry

Aloha all,

Thanks for confirming the Hi. as Hidatsa.

When I come across a slip with the H. cognate filled in I will circulate
it for identification, too.

Since both Hi. and H. appear on the same slip I can only assume they are
each unique languages.

Best,

Mark

Northeastern university <jp-boyle at neiu.edu>
Sent by: owner-siouan at lists.Colorado.EDU
02/02/10 03:32 PM

Please respond to
siouan at lists.Colorado.EDU

<siouan at lists.Colorado.EDU>
cc

Subject
Re: JOD cognate abbreviations inquiry

Hi Mark,

It’s Hidatsa.  Fourteen is [axbidooba] or /axpitoopa/

John