Winnebago

David Costa pankihtamwa at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 3 02:13:36 UTC 2010

According to HNAI 15: 706, "the name refers to the muddy water of
their river (the lower course of the Fox River of Wisconsin plus Lake
Winnebago), described by Cadillac as yearly becoming clogged with the
rotting bodies of dead fish during the heat of the summer".

It still can't be as bad as the tap water in northeast Oklahoma.

Dave