Saponi Word For Medicine

David Kaufman dvklinguist2003 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 16 20:28:48 UTC 2010

Scott,

Not sure how much help this is, but Biloxi medicine is 'tixi' which I assume to be related to your Tutelo te:si:, although in Biloxi yo is body (or meat), not tixi.  Phi in Biloxi is also 'good', but I don't recall seeing that used with tixi in the Biloxi data.  I actually wondered if the -xi ending of tixi was actually the word for 'mysterious' or 'sacred.'

Dave