MC3P RegFormOmaha.pdf

Billy Maxwell bmaxwell at mt.net
Wed Jan 27 23:26:22 UTC 2010

Look on the registration form, the title is the Material Culture of
the Prairie, Plains, & Plateau.
We have been online and held conferences since 2001. We are the
research refugees from the Plains Conference
that the Buffalo Bill Historical Society hosted in Cody, Wyoming for
many years.
In have enjoyed the Siouan list over the years and have included you
since Siouan covers
2/3 of the culture areas we address directly.  There have been a few
material culture questions that
have floated accross, so I thought some of you may be interested.

Tom Leonard has been a contributor over the years.
We try to include language as a part of getting the whole picture
at understanding Indian life as was and is.

Our Conferences have been in Great Falls, MT, Bozeman, MT, Rapid
City, S. D., Lewiston, ID, Ok City,
Helena and now Omaha. We will have another conference in Lewiston
host by Bob Chenowith. This is his second
hosting.

Past presenters include: Bill Holm, Steve Grafe, Bill Mercer, Allen
Chronister, Paul Razcka, Nancy Fonicello, Norman
Bowers (Hidatsa Language Analysis since the 1930's!), Bud Lake, the
late Collin Taylor, Louie Garcia, Carolyn Gilman, Scott Kessen,
the late Jack Smith, Scott Thompson, Matt Reed, Jim Johnston, Rich
Edwards, the late Gary Johnson, the late Ron Wrona, Patrick Leary,
Bob Chenowith, and many more...

Go to mcppp.org if you would like to see what we are like.

We meet everyday and night online at yahoo groups. We have 700
members internationally who are very cheap and well quiet shallow or
material.
Billy Maxwell, Conference Czar