School: ttappuska

Justin McBride jmcbride at kawnation.com
Fri Jul 23 18:10:00 UTC 2010

Rory,

It's definitely in Kaw. The Kaw Mission pastor in the 19th century, Thomas Huffaker, was called ttappĆ³ska by the students. Plus, Bob's 20th century consultant Maude Rowe used it to mean 'teach.'

Also, I'm sure Linda knows Doug's email address just in case he's not a member of the board. But either way, I think a lot of his Pawnee dictionary data are available on the AISRI website at http://zia.aisri.indiana.edu/~dictsearch/. Just use the pull-down menu to switch between languages and dialects.

I hope this helps,
-Justin