Sorry. My private email went to the list.

Rankin, Robert L rankin at ku.edu
Sun Jul 25 22:38:25 UTC 2010

Dear all,

My sincere apologies to Wally, Doug, John and everyone on the list.  I thought I had substituted Wally's email address for the siouan list's, but my laptop had other ideas.  It is really annoying that these lists are set up the way they are, but it was my responsibility to see that I understood the mechanics of it all.

I trust the hurt feelings will be minimal.  The misunderstandings among that have arisen among various Siouanists are unfortunately real, and perhaps knowing this we can address ourselves to fixing them.  No one is exclusively to blame (except for me for not paying close enough attention to what I was doing).

Again, very sorry.