sad news

Kathleen Shea kdshea at aol.com
Mon Mar 22 23:01:12 UTC 2010

I'm am sorry to report that Siouan list member Tom Leonard passed away on Saturday, March 22.  He was a longtime member of the Native American Church (Ponca Chapter) and an avid student of the Ponca and Osage languages.  He was also a longtime friend, and I've always known him to be helpful and generous with his time, knowledge, and sharing materials.  His adopted Ponca family will honor his wish to be buried next to his adopted mother, Josetta Rush, in the Ponca Indian Cemetery.  The funeral will be Tuesday, March 23, at the Ponca Indian Baptist Church.  A full obituary can be read in today's Ponca City News at www.poncacitynews.com.

Kathy Shea