transcription estimate and best practices inquiry

Bryan James Gordon linguista at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 06:08:50 UTC 2010

Liz Kennedy here at UA is involved with a grant from Georgia to develop
transcription/translation protocols for a program down in South America.
Working with native speakers trained in writing and teaching their language
and with linguists fluent in the language, they allotted 20 hours to the
transcript/translation of each individual story. This seemed generous to me,
but I know sometimes variation and garbled recordings can slow you down.

Any word yet on the dates of the conference this year?

- Bryan