transcription estimate and best practices inquiry

David Kaufman dvklinguist2003 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 25 14:45:47 UTC 2010

Hey Bryan,

John B. sent a request for papers awhile back that has the conference info.  I've attached it below:

CALL FOR PAPERS
The 30th
Siouan and Caddoan Languages Conference
in
 conjunction with
The Workshop on Comparative Siouan Syntax

June
 2-5, 2010

Hosted by
The Linguistic Department at Northeastern Illinois University,
at the
Northeastern Illinois University Main Campus

We invite papers
 that focus on any aspect of
Siouan and Caddoan languages and linguistics:

Descriptive
 or Theoretical Linguistics
Historical Linguistics
Language
Maintenance and Preservation
Language Pedagogical

Papers:

   Abstracts are due May 14th by 4:00 PM.  Individuals who wish to
present
a paper should e-mail a paper title, an abstract (no longer
than 500 words),
the author¹s name and any affiliation to <jp-boyle at neiu.edu>
 or mail a hard
copy with the  above information to:

        Dr. John P. Boyle

Department of Linguistics
        5500 North St. Louis Ave.

       Chicago, IL. 60625

Presentations:
     Notification of
acceptance will be sent via e-mail by May 17, 2010.
Presenters will
be allotted a maximum of 30 minutes but shorter papers and
informal
and exploratory works are welcome.  If presenters would like a
double
 time slot, please contact Dr. Boyle. Students and Native Peoples are
encouraged
 to participate.  If any special AV equipment is needed please
contact
 Dr. Boyle in advance.

Registration:
    Conference
registration is free and the public is welcome.  Please
contact us if
 you plan to attend.  A preliminary program and additional
information
 will be sent out by May 21st 2010.

Accommodations:
block of rooms will be reserved at: