Request for info: Siouan and Caddoan Conference

Catherine Rudin CaRudin1 at wsc.edu
Mon May 3 15:30:52 UTC 2010

John, or someone --
(1)  Can you confirm the exact dates of the conference?   Is it actually June 2-5?  Any idea how it will be organized (i.e. which days might be comparative syntax, language education/preservation, or other special topics?)

(2)  IS THERE A BLOCK OF ROOMS RESERVED?   I tried calling the Holiday inn in Skokie that was mentioned in the call for papers, but they had never heard of Siouan conference or SACLC or any other likely acronym; had no rooms reserved or any group rate as far as the person I talked to could find, and their regular room rate is $137.95 ... not TOO outrageous for Chicago area, but still, seems well worth trying to get a conference rate.

I'm leaving for Europe very soon, will be back just in time for the conference, and would really like to have a plan BEFORE I go.
Tried asking about dates last week and got no response....   John, are you there???   :-)

Catherine