non-siouan inquiry

David Erschler erschler at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 17:18:41 UTC 2010

It's a pity that no photograph of the actual tag is attached, some
characters could have get garbled in copying. (Or what is on the second page
of the file is indeed a photocopy? I haven't understood that.)

It doesn't look neither like Russian nor like Ukrainian to me (I'm a native
speaker of Russian.) "edno sjirze" could perhaps be едно свирче  "jedno
svirche", the Macedonian for "one whistle".

David

--
Dr. David Erschler

Independent University of Moscow