database super slow

Catherine Rudin carudin1 at wsc.edu
Tue Apr 26 14:29:56 UTC 2011

Hey, Mark -- Have you been having trouble accessing the database and dictionary?

I've been trying to do some lexemes and the last few days the database is taking FOREVER to load, often timing out ... I'll manage to log on, enter a part of speech for a lexeme and then spend the next 15 or 20 minutes trying to enter a definition, having the definition field repeatedly fail to open, or I'll ok a lexeme and not be able to save it.  This morning I logged on to the database but couldn't get it to open page 283 of the lexeme list, which is where I left off yesterday; just now gave up after several tries.  It's really frustrating.

It's not just general slow internet connection or anything; other web pages are loading fine, e-mail is fine, etc.

Up till 4 or 5 days ago I wasn't having these problems.

I was hoping maybe the glitchiness meant the unl folks were doing some kind of upgrade -- ??  But it's been going on for days now.

Any ideas?  Does it just not like me?
C.