2012 Siouan Conference venue.

Catherine Rudin carudin1 at wsc.edu
Tue Aug 2 13:32:21 UTC 2011

Like everyone else who has replied, I think this sounds like a great
idea.
It's too bad June is problematic for some European colleagues, but
there's never a time that works for everyone.
Thanks, Bob --
Catherine

>>> "Rankin, Robert L"  07/29/11 5:55 PM >>>
Dear friends and colleagues,

The Anthropology Department at the University of Kansas is hosting a
field linguistics Summer workshop here in Lawrence next June.  We have
an opportunity to “piggyback” next year’s Siouan and Caddoan Linguistics
Conference (SCLC) on this workshop.  We would likely be able to get one
media-enhanced room that held up to 40-50 people from e.g. 9-5 on June
15-17, the Friday, Saturday, and half of Sunday preceding the “Co-Lang
workshop”.  Inexpensive “student housing” may also be available.  This
arrangement would enable the workshop participants to see some of the
results of “real” field investigation and language maintenance/revival
efforts.  Siouanists would also be able to interact with workshop
participants.  This seems to me to be a good opportunity, especially
since none of our number at this year’s conference volunteered to host
the meeting next year.

I will need to let Arienne Dwyer at KU know within the next couple of
weeks if we wish to pursue this possibility.  Please let me know what
you think.  You can reply to the list or, if you wish, you can write me
off-list at rankin at ku dot edu.