Fwd: RE: Numeral systems of World's languages (Canada and USA)

Cumberland, Linda A lcumberl at indiana.edu
Thu Aug 4 12:19:50 UTC 2011

As you can see, I provided some data for this study a couple years ago.
Can any of you help him out with some of the gaps in in work? - Linda

----- Forwarded message from eugenechans at hkbn.net -----
    Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 15:41:24 +0800
    From: "Eugene S. L. Chan" <eugenechans at hkbn.net>
Subject: RE: Numeral systems of World's languages (Canada and USA)
      To: "'Cumberland,  Linda'" <lcumberl at indiana.edu>

Dear Linda,

      Greetings from Hong Kong, I have received new data from many small
languages around the world these three years, but I am still looking for
numeral systems for some of the following native languages in Canada and
USA, I am sending you a simple questionnaire, maybe you and your colleagues
or students could help me with numeral systems for some of the
following languages or help me with some contact e-mail addresses.

A. Languages in Canada:

          Western Abenaki, Atikamekw, Carrier, Southern Carrier, Chilcotin,
Comox, Moose Cree,

          Swampy Cree, Northern East Cree, Southern East Cree, Northern
Haida,

          Eastern Canadian Inuktitut, Western Canadian Inuktitut, Kaska,
Kutenai, Nisga'a,

          Central Ojibwa, Eastern Ojibwa, Western Ojibwa, Sekani, Northern
Slavery,

          Southern Slavery, Tagish, Thompson, Northern Tutchone and Southern
Tutchone

B. Languages in USA:

         Achumawi, Ahtena, Jicarilla Apache, Kiowa Apache, Lipan Apache,

         Mescalero-Chiricahua Apache, Atsugewi, Cahuilla, Checto, Chinook,
Chippewa,

         Cocopa, Columbia-Wenatchi, Comanche, Degexit'an, Eyak, Gwich'in,
Han, Holikachuk,

         Hopi, Hupa, Jemez, Kalapuya, Karok, Kashaya, Kawaiisu, Koyukon,
Kumiai,

         Upper Kuskokwin, Kutenai, Luiseno, Northeast Maidu, Northwest
Maidu, Mandan,

         Lake Miwok, Northern Sierra Miwok, Plains Miwok, Nisenan, Ottawa,
Northern Paiute,

         Central Pomo, Southeastern Pomo, Southern Pomo, Quechan, Southern
Puget Sound Salish,

         Skagit, Snohomish, Spokane, Tanacross, Lower Tanana, Upper Tanana,

         Tubatulabal, Tututni, Ute-Southern Paiute, Wasco-Wishram, Washo,
Wintu,

  Once again, thank you so much for your help.

  With best wishes,

  Eugene

  Website: http://lingweb.eva.mpg.de/numeral/