list relocation notification

Mark J Awakuni-Swetland mawakuni-swetland2 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Mon Aug 29 18:28:24 UTC 2011

Aloha all SiouanList users,

At the recent Siouan and Caddoan Languages Conference in White Cloud, KS,
a discussion about the SiouanList took place.

The consensus thinking is that the current hosting at Colorado.edu could
be re-invigorated by moving to another institution.

The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is now the home of the SiouanList.

It can be accessed at siouan at listserve.unl.edu

I am reportedly the list owner. Since I barely know how to find the light
switch in my office... this should be interesting.

For now, in order to verify list members, please respond to the new list
at siouan at listserve.unl.edu

I received the following message that illustrates the problem of addresses
without a real person's name attached.
Hello!  This account is no longer being used and will not be checked for
messages.  Please use my new email address - wiyakawi at hughes.net from now
on.  Thanks!
Can this person contact the new UNL list?

If you know of anyone else wanting access to the list please forward them
to me at mawakuni-swetland2 at unl.edu

I understand that the list archives still function as before.

Give me your feedback, please.

Mark
Mark Awakuni-Swetland, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Anthropology & Ethnic Studies
Native American Studies Program Liaison
University of Nebraska
Department of Anthropology
841 Oldfather Hall
Lincoln, NE 68588-0368

http://omahalanguage.unl.edu
http://omahaponca.unl.edu
Phone 402-472-3455
FAX: 402-472-9642
----- Forwarded by Mark J Awakuni-Swetland/UNLAS/UNL/UNEBR on 08/29/11
12:48 PM -----

Mark J Awakuni-Swetland <mawakuni-swetland2 at UNLNOTES.UNL.EDU>
Sent by: Siouan Linguistics <SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu>
08/29/11 12:47 PM
Please respond to
Siouan Linguistics <SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu>

SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu
cc

Subject
testing

THIS IS A TEST MESSAGE ON THE UPCOMING UNL-BASED SIOUANLIST