searchable database now available

Mark J Awakuni-Swetland mawakuni-swetland2 at UNLNOTES.UNL.EDU
Wed Dec 14 19:30:59 UTC 2011

Aloha all,

I wanted to let you all know that the Omaha and Ponca Digital Dictionary
now includes a link to the underlying database at:

http://omahaponca.unl.edu

The database is public access and searchable in a read-only fashion.

You will quickly see that most entries have very little additional data
entered so far. That is the tiger whose tail we have been holding on to.
Pending additional funding, database entry will continue to move forward
slowly using student power.

If folks think they might have some interested students wanting to earn
academic credit or research experience performing data entry, do let me
know. Since the original slips are digital and accessible, it is now
possible to have data entry done via the internet. Both Catherine and I
have had students doing data entry while in different locations.

Please let me know if you have comments or suggestions for improving
search capabilities via the CONTACT link on the database home page.

Best,
Mark

Mark Awakuni-Swetland, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Anthropology & Ethnic Studies
Native American Studies Program Liaison
University of Nebraska
Department of Anthropology
841 Oldfather Hall