Emailing: 2011 SCLC UPDATES.doc

Jimm GoodTracks jgoodtracks at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 17:06:00 UTC 2011

Catherine:
Yes, your presentation has been moved from Wednesday to Thursday.  All times and dates are tentative, including title and subjects of presentations.  The general format is for academic presentations to be presented before the applied linguistics presentations, which is why I preferred to begin the conference on Tuesday, June 14th, rather than the first day being Wednesday, June 15th, as it is easier for the community people, tribal members to get away as we move towards the weekend.
Saturday is reserved as a backup overflow of presentations that are unable to be scheduled within the week day time frame.

I also want to stress, that reservations should be made as soon as possible either at the tribal cabins or the Eagle Nest Motel, as I believe it is all on a First Come, First Served.  Of course, if need be there are several Motels in Hiawatha, KS, 22 miles to the Southwest.
Of those available, we found that the Hiawatha Lodge, (on the south side across from McDonalds  fast foods), www.hiawatha-lodge.com (hiawathalodge at rainbowtel.net) (785 742 7401) is the better one, and has an in-house cafe, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.  The Iowa Tribe Eagle Nest Motel also has an open restaurant.

The main advantage to Hiawatha Lodge, is that it is near town, services, shopping and Wal-Mart's on the west side of town.  I believe their typical room fee begins at $50; however, check with Saul who has that information.  He is en route from Denver at this moment, so it is inconvenient to call him.  There are still intermittent snow packed roads and slick spots on the highways, that require full attention w/o the distraction of answering an unnecessary cell phone call.
Jimm