cross-linguistic metaphors (fwd)

David Erschler erschler at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 15:20:59 UTC 2011

I don't think that this exists in Russian. t'omny 'dark' is actually used in
the sense "uneducated/benighted", and not "unintelligent", whereas I can't
think of any uses of whatever word meaning "bright" in the relevant sense.

Best,
David

--
Dr. David Erschler

Tübinger Zentrum für Linguistik (SFB 833)
Nauklerstrasse 35
D - 72074  Tuebingen/Germany
Tel. +49 (0)7071-2977437
Fax. +49 (0)7071-295830

and

Department for Protein Evolution
Max Planck Institute for Developmental Biology
Spemannstrasse 35
72076 Tuebingen/Germany
Tel. +49-(0)7071-601451
Fax  +49-(0)7071-601352