cross-linguistic metaphors (fwd)

Rankin, Robert L rankin at ku.edu
Tue Feb 22 21:13:30 UTC 2011

I'm pretty sure the -ska of wazhiNska and ieska is the one meaning 'clear' (also 'white'), as in the Kansas place name ni hni ska 'clear spring'..  So wazhiNska would be 'clear thinker' and ieska 'clear speaker' (interpreter).  As for the other skas, who knows?  The secret is to realize it means 'clear' as well as 'white'.

Bob