JOD orthographic oddity

George Wilmes george.wilmes at gmail.com
Tue May 3 21:31:25 UTC 2011

Mark (and others),

I am not qualified to speak about Dorsey or the languages in question,
but I can say:

1. Those sure look like dots to me!
2. According to the Unicode standard (which I realize came much
later!), two dots (diaeresis) below means "IPA: breathy voice or
murmur".

What I don't know is what two dots below might have meant in Dorsey's time.

George