a few details about ablaut

Mark J Awakuni-Swetland mawakuni-swetland2 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Sep 6 17:31:27 UTC 2011

Aloha Bob and Alan,
Good News!
It looks like we can also send attachments (at least as .DOC-type files)
on the UNL SIOUAN list.
Mark Awakuni-Swetland

Alan Knutson <boris at TERRACOM.NET>
Sent by: Siouan Linguistics <SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu>
09/05/11 05:23 PM
Please respond to
Siouan Linguistics <SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu>

SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu
cc

Subject
Re: a few details about ablaut

Perhaps cut and paste from a spread sheet:

neg. I
neg. II
neg. III

PSi
*ku
*aši
*rį
CR

HI

MA

-(a)xi
-rį-x
DA

-šį
š-ni
CH
š-gu-ñį
š-
-ñį
WI
š-gų́-nį
š-
-nį
OP

-aži

KS

-aži

OS

-aži

QU

-aži

BI
ku...ni
ači
-ni
OF
ki…ni

-ni
TU
ku...ne

-ne

Alan K.

On 9/5/2011 2:26 PM, Rankin, Robert L wrote:
Sorry, I've never been able to keep tablular formatting in email.  Does
anybody know a way?
Is this any better?  Bob

        neg. I         neg. II          neg. III

PSi      *ku                *aši          *rį
CR
HI
MA                         -(a)xi          -rį-x
DA                              -šį       š-ni
CH      š-gu-ñį              š-         -ñį
WI      š-gų́-nį              š-         -nį
OP                            -aži
KS                            -aži
OS                           -aži
QU                           -aži
BI        ku...ni            ači           -ni
OF        ki…ni                            -ni
TU        ku...ne                         -ne