Programmes for translating curriculum

Bryan James Gordon linguist at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Fri Sep 9 16:59:58 UTC 2011

Hello:

My teammates on a language-documentation project in Panama have added a
curriculum-translation component to our project, funded by the Panamanian
Ministry of Education (yay!) and partially by our grant. They are familiar
with using Toolbox for creating both glosses and free translations from
their language to Spanish, but are looking now for a programme more
appropriate for translating children's school curricular materials from
Spanish to their language (which of course does not involve glosses). Most
of the bilingual publications that have been produced so far have been done
with Microsoft Publisher, but that's complicated to learn and quite
expensive. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Bryan James Gordon, MA
Joint PhD Program in Linguistics and Anthropology
University of Arizona