Lakota=>Siouan polyandry inquiry

shokooh Ingham shokoohbanou at YAHOO.CO.UK
Sat Sep 24 15:46:57 UTC 2011

Purely for comparative interest i can add that Persian has a word for it daamaad sar khaaneh 'bride groom at the house (of the in laws)'.  Some Arabic dialects say g'eidi 'a (diminutive) sitting (ie residing) person'.  English probably regards it as unremarkable and so doesn't have a word for it.
Bruce