Lakota=>Siouan polyandry inquiry

shokooh Ingham shokoohbanou at YAHOO.CO.UK
Sat Sep 24 15:53:32 UTC 2011

 Manhardt's editing. (I find it hard
> to understand why
> Univ. of Nebraska Press re-published the dictionary under
> his editing or why
> it was re-published in the first place since the manuscript
> is problematic
> with respect to so many of its aspects.)

De mortuis non nisi bonum.  We shouldn't forget that Manhardt seems to have put a lot of effort into that work with the meager facilities that he had, also re-editing it at an advanced age; and it was, after all, the only thing around for a long time.  I couldn't have learnt Lakota without it.
Bruce