Manhart editing (Lakota=>Siouan polyandry inquiry)

shokooh Ingham shokoohbanou at YAHOO.CO.UK
Sat Sep 24 18:03:59 UTC 2011

Yes. I can see that point Jan. I suppose the idea of republishing was to make a more visually readable dictionary using modern technology.  Buechel/Manhart's use of dots and commas to mark the plain and aspirated consonants is very difficult to see in the small print and the second edition doesn't make it any easier, but I would be interested to know how much of the data you consider to be inaccurate.  There are words which look dubious to put it mildly, purely because of their morphology and most learners with a reasonable basis in the language will have had their doubts about these items, but is there really that much wrong with it? Percentage wise how much would you say?
Bruce