IPA keyboard for Windows

George Wilmes george.wilmes at GMAIL.COM
Sun Sep 25 14:34:25 UTC 2011

Thanks Bob! Another option in Word (especially for Mac users, who may
not be able to use the Windows keyboard) is to make the AutoCorrect
feature work for you instead of against you. For example, you can have
it change the sequence "o~" to "o" followed by Alt+0328 (ogonek
combining diacritic; requires a Unicode font such as Arial Unicode
MS). Better yet, you can just change the sequence "~~" to the ogonek,
so that you can apply it after any vowel. The same can be done for
other combining diacritics such as accents. Obviously, this approach
works only in Word and will not apply to other programs (unless they
happen to have their own AutoCorrect feature,which would have to be
configured separately).