Another SCLC room reservation update

mmrichar mmrichar at LIVE.UNC.EDU
Wed Apr 4 04:36:40 UTC 2012

Dave,

I will be staying in the on-campus dorms.  Can you send me the link to reserve my room?

Marty
________________________________
From: Siouan Linguistics [SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu] on behalf of David Kaufman [dvkanth2010 at GMAIL.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 11:15 PM
To: SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu
Subject: Another SCLC room reservation update

Hi all,

Sorry for yet another email about room reservations, but I wanted to make sure everyone understands the room reservation process: When you reserve a room online via the CoLang site, it will ask if you want the single or double rate, both of which include linens and internet service but no food.  You can pay by credit card or check.  Credit card charges will automatically be handled online via KU Housing and no further action is required.  If, for some reason, you decide to send a check, please send it to my home, addressed as follows:

SCLC
c/o David Kaufman
2411 Louisiana Street L-141
Lawrence KS 66046

On the check, you must make it payable to "CoLang" and you must specify what exactly the check is for, e.g., "SCLC room only."  I will then take any checks received directly to those on campus handling room reservation funds by May 20 (so please send your check before this).

Despite the dates given on the CoLang web site (Jun 13-17), the *actual* dates are Jun 14-17 (check out on 17).  Check-in begins at 2:00 p.m. and check-out by 11:00 a.m., otherwise additional charges apply.  Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that rooms will be available for an extra night (Jun 17) for a Monday departure, since this depends on how many CoLang attendees have arrived by then, which will not be known until the weekend of our conference.  If rooms are available for an extra night, an extra charge (~ $40) will apply.

So, important dates to remember are:
May 20  Room reservations (via credit card or check) must be made by this date or there's no guarantee of room availability.
Jun 14  Thurs, First day rooms will be available for SCLC attendees after 2:00 p.m.
Jun 17  Sun, Check-out by 11:00 a.m.  Extra night availability not guaranteed.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  If for some reason you won't be staying on campus, hotel/motel rates will be on your own, but we can recommend places if you let us know.

Thanks to those of you who have already responded to my recent request to verify if you'll be staying in an on-campus Scholarship Halls room.  Everyone else, please respond ASAP so I can give an estimate on the KU Housing contract by this Friday to guarantee the number of rooms needed.

Regards and thanks,

--
David Kaufman, Ph.C.
University of Kansas