SCLC update

Greer, Jill Greer-J at MSSU.EDU
Mon Apr 23 22:21:27 UTC 2012

Hi, David,

I’m planning to do a talk on Marsh’s Jiwere texts (normal time slot),  if we have time for any more presentations.  It looks great so far!

Jill

Dr. Jill D. Greer
Associate Professor
Social Science Department
MSSU
3950 E. Newman Road
Joplin, MO  64801
417.625.9795
Greer-j at mssu.edu

From: Siouan Linguistics [mailto:SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu] On Behalf Of David Kaufman
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2012 1:01 PM
To: SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu
Subject: SCLC update

Hi all,

Sorry I have been quiet for a while, but teaching assistant duties are taking up much of my time right now.  But here is the latest info I have as far as presentations:
Awakuni-Swetland, Mark

Omaha

Creeping crawling critters: When we lose the bugs we lose the language

30

yes

Boyle, John

Mandan, Hocąk

Internally and Externally Headed Relative Clauses in Mandan and Hocąk

30

DeMallie, Ray

Lakota

Lakota Personal Names

30

Gebhardt, Lewis

Crow

Topic/focus markers in Crow

30

Gordon, Zachary

Crow

Crow Clause Chaining: Structure and Scope

30

Graczyk, Randolph

Crow

State of the Crow language

30

Hartmann, Iren

Siouan

Bundling Siouan Dictionary resources

30

yes

Helmbrecht, Johannes

Hocąk

spatial relations

30

Kaufman, David

Biloxi

Positional Auxiliaries in Biloxi

30

yes

Larson, Rory

Omaha

Early Presbyterian Transcriptions of Omaha Before Dorsey

30

Marino, Mary

Stoney

Vegreville mss

30

Moaton, Tania

Crow

Crow Narrative Discourse Analysis

30

Park, Indrek

Hidatsa

Sound Symbolism in Hidatsa

30

yes

Parks, Doug

Pawnee

Pawnee Personal Names

30

Rankin, Robert

Siouan

Grammaticalization of *?uN 'be' and *u 'be pl' in Siouan languages

30

Richardson, Marty

Tutelo

Songs

30

Rood, David

Wichita (Caddoan)

?

30

Rudin, Catherine

Omaha-Ponca

Reduplication

30

Sans Souci, Alice

Omaha

Language-learning demonstration

30

Schwarz, Saul

Chiwere

History of Chiwere Documentation

30

Wilmes, George

Siouan

Past Applications of Optimality Theory to Siouan Language Data and Phenomena: A Review of the Literature

30

yes

I have set the time needed for presentation default to 30 min. (20 min. + 10 min. discussion) unless you tell me otherwise.  If you need a bit longer, like 40 min. (30 min. talk + 10 min. questions) please let us know soon.  Those on the above list that have a "yes" after their names have submitted an abstract.  While not required, those who have not can still submit an abstract if you'd like.

Also, please let us know (a couple already have) of your arrival time at KCI (MCI) if you'd like to arrange for transportation.  Three of us locals (Bob, Kathy, and I) are willing to make airport trips if we can gather up a few of you at one time.  If we know ahead of time what time you'll be arriving, we can group you together at certain times for a pick-up.  (Of course this isn't necessary if you're planning to take the Roadrunner shuttle [which you must reserve ahead of time] or you're driving to Lawrence.)

Thanks.  Time is flying; see you soon!

--
David Kaufman, Ph.C.
University of Kansas

This email may contain identifiable personal information that is subject to protection under state and federal law. This information is intended for the use of the individual named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited and may be punishable by law. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify us immediately by electronic mail (reply).