Origin Words Re: Tutelo-Saponi Words

Rankin, Robert L rankin at KU.EDU
Sun Feb 12 17:17:50 UTC 2012

> I also wanted to ask about the words universe, cosmos and cosmology. Can these words be translated with the available data on Tutelo-Saponi?

 The short answer is "no".  Note that we don't even have such words in Anglo-Saxon English.  "Universe" is Latin, via French, and "cosmos, cosmology" is Greek.  You'd have to try for something like "sky" or "heavens", I guess.

I'll try to see what I can find out about the words from Dorsey in your earlier note.  I have a copy of the original Dorsey file.